Many programmers would agree that it is not fair to compare one with the other as they have different website development goals.
PHP is founded on the C language, so anyone with a good understanding of C would find PHP easy to learn. While both are used to improve the web in general.
|Runs in browsers||PHP runs on a server. Cannot operate without a server.|
|Can be combined with HTML, AJAX and XML.||Can be combined with HTML only.|
|It is a single-threaded, event-driven language, which means it never crashes and everything works simultaneously.||It is multi-threaded, which means it blocks I / O to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.|
- This is a purely functional language, but it is possible to emulate many features of OOP, such as objects, classes, etc…
- Originally, Netscape created this solution for DOM manipulation and scripting for web browsers.
- It was originally created to run on the server side and is still used as a server side programming language.
- It is inspired by the C language, but it has evolved into a kind of OOP language.
- It is an OOP language since version 4, and today (PHP 7.1), it has many modern features such as classes, inheritance, polymorphism, overload, encapsulation, constructors, destructors …
- It was originally created by Ramus Lerdorf for the purpose of developing their personal home page (PHP).
- PHP is the most widely used language for developing back-end applications and web services.